Need to do some updating for your marketing collateral for the year ahead? Is it time for a fresh look for your business cards? Need to update social media addresses, dust off your pictures (for a headshot for your card or for images of your designs) or maybe you want to connect your new website look to the card you hand out?
Is it one of those things on the list but you keep putting it off?
Writing the new wording is a great place to start if you already have a card, because it may just involve revising existing text. If you don’t have your own card yet, go to a website like Vistaprint and look at what other people’s business cards say, then write out what you would like to say.
A Check List for Your Business Cards
- Decide on the purpose of your business card.
- If you need to, look around online to get an idea of how others have addressed the same purpose.
- Quickly jot down some thoughts regarding what you would like to say.
- Go back over what you wrote to flesh it out a little more, if needed.
- Proofread your copy and complete any needed corrections or revisions.
- Choose the photos and/or graphics you would like to include with the card.
- Do a final once-over to make sure everything is correct and to your liking.
- Decide on paper stock.
- Pick a printer to print the cards.
- Order the cards.
- Start handing them out!
Have other items on your to-do list needing updating? Please share in the comments below or on our facebook page – let’s get this discussion going!