According to motivational speaker Brian Tracy, fewer than 3% of adults have clearly articulated goals that they work toward on a daily basis. However, people only act consistently in ways that move them toward their goals when they are clear about their goals. In fact, clarity is so important that Tracy says it accounts
for 80% of success and happiness.
So how do you get the clarity you need to succeed? Try following Tracy’s simple, seven-step process for bringing your aspirations to life:
1. Decide exactly what you want in each area of your life. Be specific!
2. Write it down, clearly and in detail.
3. Set a specific deadline. If it is a large goal, break it down into sub-deadlines and write them
down in order.
4. Make a list of everything you can think of that you are going to have to do to achieve your goal.
As you think of new items, add them to your list.
5. Organize the items on your list into a plan by placing them in the proper sequence and
6. Take action immediately on the most important thing you can do on your plan. This is very important!
7. Do something every day that moves you toward the attainment of one or more of your important goals.
Once you’ve completed these steps, maintain the momentum by reviewing your goals daily to make sure they are still important to you. And don’t feel like you’re bound to a goal; it’s okay to add more important goals as they come along and to delete former goals that don’t seem as meaningful as they once did.
Whatever your goals are, make sure you work toward them in some way every single day. You’ll be seeing amazing results before you know it!
How do you keep track of your goals?
To selling more!