Show season is upon us!
Here are a few quick tips to help you be more successful selling at shows.
- Stand UP! Sitting at your booth may be more comfortable, but it forces the customer to look down at you. To see “eye to eye,”stand when greeting customers, and take a seat to rest when no one is around.
- Make general eye contact when there are several people at the booth. If just one person asks a question, look around as you answer it to engage others who are there. It will make them feel included and shows your interest in them.
- Offer a “show-only special.” Limited-time offers create a sense of scarcity, and scarcity is a prime persuasion lever. Even offering specials that end at a speci c time during the show can encourage buying.
- Take photos of you with customers. Then post them to Facebook, Twitter and elsewhere. It gives immediacy to your selling and shows others that you are a fun person to buy from!
- From one of our readers, Barbara McCoy, owner of the Gift Box: “I always keep a mirror on hand so that customers are able to actually see and feel how the jewelry will look once they get it home. In this case, a mirror is worth a thousand words!” Thank you Barbara!
Have a show or exhibitor tip to share? Please leave a comment below!